Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Prayer

I am an atheist but I do believe in a Power that governs all. This not exactly a prayer, but more of a definition of God from my POV. My grandfather is an eccentric man no one listens to; he was telling me stuff and I was listening. He spoke about all things: God, religeon, the world, politics, people, nature,science. They were from his perspective. I listened and I respected him more. This one gets its inspiration from some things that he said.

What are You? Or, Who are You?
Where are You? And, Why are You?
Are You the Omnipresent,
the Omnipotent and
the Omniscient?
Are You the Creator,
The Destroyer or
The Preserver?
So many beliefs, tales and myths
mar my belief, my portrait of You.
Are You truly the God we talk about
in religeon and in faith?
Or are You just the figment or a reflection
of numerous pagan songs?
Did You create The Universe, The Worlds and man?
Or, Are you created by man as a power behind
the natural forces with which he could not compete?
Did he make You, prayed, sacrificed to appease nature?
You are Hope, in the heart of the hopeless;
like sight is to the blind
You are the rekindling passion
that makes man civilized
You are the faith that keep one going
against all odds to keep up the fight
You are the pace that essentiates
motion of all kinds.
You are in all minds and
in all conciosness, making all human.
And so I pray, be with me always,
make me human, let me not stray.

No comments: